How well one balances their blood sugar levels impacts thyroid issues as well as diabetes. Observing their diet is the first step. A rise in thyroid antibodies can be caused by blood sugar swings for diabetes patients which ends up triggering numerous issues. To control other symptoms, one has to control their blood sugar first.
For breakfast, a green smoothie that is rich in proteins and fat is recommended. One should consider cutting down on starchy foods, including fruits. Drinking fruit juice in large quantities during breakfast could also be the cause of blood sugar swings. It is important to check what one eats and determine which might be the cause of reaction by their immune system.
The SAD (Standard American Diet) diet is a diet most people have grown up adhering to. It includes; orange juice, cream cheese bagel, and coffee (with sugar). Well, that breakfast contains too much sugar, but most of the people remain ignorant and are just fine by it.
It is now advisable to switch to Happy breakfast. One could choose to eat eggs, bacon and coffee sweetened by stevia. They might switch the egg for something else if they have allergies. It is recommended that they write a journal as they switch their breakfast and record how they feel, with most of the written journals showing feelings of calmness.
Here are some guidelines to stick to when regulating blood sugar
- For every meal one eats, they should include proteins or fat for example; meat, seeds.
- Don’t take sweets before sleeping
- Avoid fruit juice
- Limit caffeine
- Avoid dairy and grains such as soy and yeast
- Have their breakfast earlier than an hour after waking
- Eat often within three hours
- Avoid fasting
- Do not skip breakfast ever
- Maintain a ratio of carbohydrate to protein; ratio of 2:1
- Do away with foods that have a glycemic index higher than 55